Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Power of Pantry Sharing



Have you shared your pantry lately?

Many people might realize that food in their home has reduced in quantity, then it becomes a shock to them once they have nothing. We know for example how that feels, since we have been in that situation ourselves. It is difficult and disconcerting but when you receive a helping hand during those moments, it really can give hope to your situation and get you back on your feet.

We had a wonderful lady come yesterday, who shared some food from her pantry with us, and it was the perfect presentation of how giving and helpful a person can really be, when they truly have the intention of doing so. Hearing those words "I understand", really makes you feel your not the only one going through this.

The little that we were given, we also decided to share it with others who needed it.
So the point to receiving is also to give. There is a wonderful energy of love and unity when you give back, and it plants a feeling of humbleness inside you, where sharing with others, suddenly becomes a natural habit.

Have you shared your pantry? If so, tell us your experience about it, and how it made you feel.

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post. Nice to hear that you paid it forward too. Each time I shop at the grocery store, I purchase a few items to put in the food pantry box.

    Thanks so much for linking up with our Feed Me Friday hop. There are several wonderful blogs participating again this week, you're certain to find a few new favorites!

    I look forward to reading more from you!

    Your Co-Host,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice idea!
    I'm following you back from http://www.mama-press.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! As a couponer I tend to have a huge stockpile just yesterday I gave away 10 cans of dog food and some treats that my dog didn't like. I'm sure I could find more stuff to swap instead of just handing out. Thanks for the idea and joining us on I ♥ Blogging Hop. I too am following. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea!! Here in Germany we sometimes have collections at the entrance of supermarkets. You just buy a little bit more and give it to the collection, so it will be given to people in need later on. I never thought about doing it on a personal basis, though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea and especially timely this time of year. Thanks for stopping by the Terrific Thursday Blog Hop. I am following you back. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool - love it.I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back =-)
    Beth
    www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete