Sunday, April 19, 2009

Stroke: Know the Warning Signs



I had my stroke a year ago, and never expected it to ever happen to me. First it started with a terrible headache, then I thought well, mabye it's because Im stressed out, and I was going through alot of things, such as divorce and selling my house. One Day I was at the library with my Daughter, and when we were leaving, I felt an onset of dizziness, and I could no longer feel my body or walk. I sat on the nearest chair, and I could feel confusion and my vision was blurry. So my Daughter asked me if I wanted her to call 911, and I said yes. I am very lucky to be alive, and that my daughter was able to call for help right away, because if not it would've been to late. I want to spread the word about this, because stroke is one of the leading causes of death, and more people are dying from this each year. It's important to recognize these warning signs, and get help right away. I found an Online Medical Community, called MedHelp, which has been helpful to me. I was able to talk and interact with other survivors from stroke such as myself, and share our experiences. MedHelp can give you a great deal of medical information for many ilnesses, or conditions, and you can also ask your questions to a doctor, and others if you like. You can see that Website Here: http://www.medhelp.org

If you would like to leave any comments, do so below.

2 comments:

  1. Angela & Angelica, I'm glad you are sharing this information, it will help a lot of people. I'm excited to check back & see what you teach us next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing attention to stroke. It became much more than a medical term to me after my father has a severe stroke three years ago. High blood pressure + diabetes = stroke, in his case. If more people knew that a basic doctor visit could screen for those risk factors, maybe we'd make more progress with prevention. I look forward to reading more about what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete